Shoptalk swelled to become one of the most impressive trades shows in the e-commerce/retail category. In just four short years, it exploded in size and scope to more than 8,400 attendees, 500 exhibitors, an impressive stock of A-list of speakers, and hundreds of senior brand executives traversing the halls. Uniquely, the show attracts many investors looking for hot tech startups and values the importance of making those introductions. Hosted at the Venetian in Las Vegas from March 3 – 6, this year’s show is the largest yet and here are a few tips on how to survive and thrive in the chaos:
Make a Plan
The schedule is available online before the show, or via the app, so scope it out and make a plan as there is so much to see. A few of the talks we are looking forward to the most include:
Technologies Enabling New Physical Experiences – Sunday, March 3 at 2:30 PM
- Nata Dvir, EVP, General Business Manager – Beauty, Macy’s
- Ben Hassing, SVP, eCommerce & Technology, Walmart China, Walmart
- Mark Berinato, VP, Experience Design, Panera Bread
- Krystina Gustafson, VP Content, Shoptalk (Interviewer)
Day 1 Keynote – Sunday, March at 5:05 PM
- Erik Nordstrom, Co-President, Nordstrom and
- Courtney Reagan, Retail Reporter, CNBC (Interviewer)
Tech Talks – w/Stylitics – Monday, March 4 at 2:30 PM
- Rohan Deuskar, Co-Founder and CEO of Stylitics
Startups Merging Digital and Physical Experiences – Tuesday, March 5 at 8:30 AM
- Amy Errett, Founder & CEO, Madison Reed
- Amy Shecter, CEO, Glamsquad
- Zak Normandin, Founder & CEO, Iris Nova (DIRTY LEMON, The Drug Store)
- Ian Friedman, Co-Head, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (Interviewer)
Inspiration to Purchase: How Pinterest is Improving Shopping Experiences for Consumers and Brands – Tuesday, March 5 at 12:55 PM
- Ben Silbermann, Co-Founder & CEO, Pinterest
- Zia Daniell Wigder, Chief Global Content Officer, Shoptalk (Interviewer)
Use the App
As far as tradeshow apps go, Shoptalk has done a killer job with theirs. It offers everything you need to keep you on track and on time including the agenda so you can set reminders, speaker list, venue maps, and the attendee list. There is also a messaging feature that lets you directly message specific people at the show or share comments in show’s feed. You can also set and edit meetings, filter the lists so you can easily find people and even supports multiple languages.
Embrace the Sneaker Trend
Any given attendee can count on getting those 10,000 steps in – and then some. Plan to log at least 6 miles a day in walking around the hall, through the Venetian (and back and forth to your room) and dashing off to all those parties! Luckily, ever brand has a dope sneaker design out there to go with just about any outfit.
Along with staying hydrated (Vegas sucks the water right out of you), this should go without saying. The faster you respond and follow up the better. Make your investment in attending or exhibiting worth it! Deals happen at this show so strike while the iron is hot and make sure to reference something memorable
Wisely Shoptalk has moved the Google/Fedex party to the last day. That means you can feel free to partaay away the evening and not worry about being crushed the next day. This year’s bash is poolside and features a performance from Shaggy.
Most Importantly – Visit Us!
Stylitics is a sponsor and exhibitor this year, so make sure to visit us at booth #4018 to see how outfitting technologies are changing the way people shop online.